An incident to remember: "Nearly Perfect"

First post for the newly created blog (my fourth including my blog on Indian football :P) and here I go sharing with all of you an incident that will remain in my tiny head for some time.

Training for Accent.(full name is abstracted) was the occasion during which the incident took place.

27th December: Day 2 of Training, The after-effects of the effort, dedication and concentration(might sound too strong) put in on the very first day at the training was clearly visible in my freaking head in the next morning as conditions were equally bad from head to toe of my body.....  

Got up from bed sharp at 7 thanks to my cute little SAMSUNG mobile, and was ready by 7:45 for my ride to the training centre. Stood up from the source to the destination till I reached the haunted palace. Unlike the previous day, we were given more time to do what we wanted than what we were forced to do. It was 6PM when I left the premises along with my colleagues for our journey back to pseudo-home. 6:30 PM- A lovely Yellow colored bus (which had pre registered members) was irresistible to avoid considering the conditions of the AS3 Buses (where people can't feel their body parts and often confuse between - whats theirs with others?). Accompanying me in the bus were a group of similar looking creatures -


The Creatures who were present there: (From Left)
Baidyanath Dutta, Mihir Kumar, Iqubal Ahmed, Abhay Bhushan and Sumitava Saha(No pictures found)




Baidyanath Dutta (a.k.a BND), Mihir Kumar(President Bhai), Abhay ( The ___ of ___ )Bhushan, Sumitava "No More Accent." Saha (or should I say Swaha), and Iqubal Ahmed.

I along with Iqubal were the unlucky ones not to get a ever so comfortable looking luxurious seat. Nevertheless, midway through Sumitava " No More Accent. "  S(w)aha asked me to hand over his bag to him. I was smart enough to hand over my bag instead. After we reached our stoppage, near the Peerless (Which most of the time I call HOPELESS), we decided to take a Taxi.

As the Taxi was about to start, I realized something was missing, YES, THAT WAS MY BAG. Oh dear, what a misery. My mind went blank, as the bus had already left and probably was out of the 1 KM radius.

I had three options:

  • Take a taxi, chase down the Bus.
  • Take a auto from Garia Stn. to Garia Bus stand and wait till the bus arrives
  • Go to your place, and FLUSH what happened. 
I chose the third one considering the fact that how much will the quantities haunt me in the longer versions. In terms of Financial Management it shall be termed as the "values of the assets I had". 

Lets have a look what I really lost:

A Bag

Name: Kolkata Knight Riders 
Owner: My room Partner (Abhimanyu Singh, CSE 3rd Year)
Age: 2.5 years

Cost: Free through SRK's Merchandising team.
Historical Significance: Has been there till my 2nd year at college and was the savior of many exams for both me and my room-mate. 


                                                                 A Dairy
                                

Name: Corporate Dairy 2011
Owner: Me
Age: 1 Year
Cost: 50
Contents: 2 days lecture notes of the training, Notes Prepared on various Languages for the Campus Interviews. 

A Pen

Name: Pierre Cardin
Owner: My dad (Given to me as a gift)
Age: 1 Year
Cost: 85
Historical Significance: Cleared the two job interviews with the same pen, Entire 7th Semester Exams was writter via that silver coloured pen. 

A Mufler (as what we call locally and I dont know its English too...)

Name: dearex "Angoora" Original
Owner: Me
Age: a Week
Cost: Will have to ask my Mom
Significance: Was given by my Mom and I loved the warmth it gave me. Really was liking that.

As I was going back, I had to hear some nasty comments from my fellow colleagues but I was hardly able to take in as my mind was getting diverted to the incident. For a moment, I thanked the almighty that I was lucky enough to not to loose out any important documents. After, reaching my PG/Mess ( Pseudo Home), I explained the incident to my mate. Thank god, he reacted Okay-ly (pardon my English please). I was as disappointed with the loss as I was when I lost my Laptop in the 1st year of my college. Though the loss was far less, but the damage was the same. My face hardly told the story as I don't react much and hence, don't show my emotions. I called up my home, and translated the entire happening to my mom(as I always do). She gave me enough confidence to overcome the struggle. I was feeling good then. With a slim chance of recovering the lost materials, I went back to bed hoping for a better day at the next glimpse.


28th December: Day 3 of Training, Things started brightly for me as the conditions were fine to take a bath in the shivering cold - One really needs some courage to do that.... Anyways, I was brave enough to take the challenge. Reached the Haunted Palace,  along with Baidyanath("BND") and Sreya(who joined us en route to the destination). 


We knew from the word GO, that the day will have a lot of free time as we were scheduled to learn OS and Networking, which most of my beloved colleagues remembered. Tejesva "HACKER" Duggar was at doing what he did best, forcefully dragging Srinjoy "Bhooka" Das, who was (n)ever so eager to learn. In the mean time, our very generous sir "Dinnanath" (whom we call Dinu Bhai) was trying to make us learn the way of skipping the slides, in which we were also interested... :D :D. A miss call at 11 AM was ignored by me as I thought someone was trying to do a Prank on me (could have been very expensive). As the day progressed, our free time increased, much to the delight of the so called "colleagues".


A small mock test was waiting for us, for which we hardly cared about. We had Internet connection and we jumped on it as Wild Cats. Some were Cricinfo'ed and some were SRK'ed. I was Goal'ed and Blog'ed.  I managed to open my favourite online football game, TrophyManager where my team Adra Power Supply(My Cricket Crazy friends hate that Name and the Game) was doing just fine and were winning in their cruicial last league match, which shall be enough for promotion to the topmost league in Indian league, the i-League.

As the Mock test was nearing, Hacker Dude "Teja"  was getting more equipped and was teaching his skills to Swatilekha. Even she was firing some Telnet's and ssh's at random computer. I could and most probably would have been the victim of one those malicious Telnets had I not disabled my network connection at the right moment.

The Mock test had some charming things written all over it from the word go. I remember a line reading something like
".......the highest scoring students will be awarded prizes, the result of which shall be published in March 2008." March 2008....Thats right!!


BND joked that we needed Time machine to get past that barrier. I remember the same line again, " VALUES OF ASSETS". I thought the loss would be more than the profit and in the end we will have a lots of "SUNDRY CREDITORS"(Which I first read Sundary....Creditors). 

Questions which were thrown to us were virtually insulting...:P. Why a day and Night occurs? What is GDD? What is IDC(with an option saying "Indian Discovery Channel"?

During the mock test, I was made to feel proud for my knowledge on football by Srinjoy and Sohini (who for some strange reason calls BND -  baba.....and for some strange reasons Sreya calls herself the step-mom of Sohini...I am confused about the relations...).


MOC(K) test was over by 5 PM as we all passed harmlessly. I got 76.92 to be very precise.

It was the last day for "Dinu Bhai" and that demanded a treat, and so we asked with a smile on our face. Much to our joy, he was ready in a flash. We were given a nice sip of hot coffee by our Vijay "colleague" Dinnanath Chouhan (I hope somebody do not forward the link of the post to him).

I said to my friend Sayak "Preet Ki Lat" Karmakar,

"Ek Cup Coffee ki kimat tum kya jaano Sayak Babu, Kisike __ ka __ hota hai ek cup Coffee"

I was hoping that somehow I can make my friends stay till 6:30 PM than I might have a chance to get that Yellow Bus. It was 6 PM by then when we were waiting. Sayak "Preet ki Lat" Karmakar was also there waiting for his bus along with Sohini and Sreya, whose route is from NewTown to HOME(as said by Sreya). I used the famous lines again (with some modifications),

" Ek Mufler ki Kimat tum kya jaano Sayak Babu"


As the time was going forward, chances were looking bright to meet the bus. As many as three AS3 buses passed us, but neither of them had a space for even a tiny little mosquito. Some ideas were flying around by my mates which were not pleasing me. Some wanted to go for a indirect bus and some wanted to do the impossible (get inside a AS3). I was sharing some nasty opinions with my friends regarding the possiblities of finding the bag or its contents. Some times I thought I will catch the conductor "Red Handed Headed" wearing the Mufler and sometimes I thought that the Bus conductor and his fellow mates would have changed their route(of the bus) to avoid us finding them....itn't that nasty.

It was 6:31 PM when our President Babu spotted the Yellow bus. I went ahead thinking that I might get lucky. The first thing I asked after getting in was Mihir...Go for it. Mihir fired in the question to the villian looking conductor, " Bhaiya koi bag kal chut gaya tha....aapko mila kya?", he relied,"yes" and the day turned close to perfect for me. I felt a great joy in touching the Knight Riders bag and that "Angoora" Mufler. There was the Diary too. The Conductor (who looked like a Hero now) asked whether everything was there or not...I replied positively without cross-checking much. The next thing I did was calling up my mom, to tell the story. She was equally happy as me and it was a great feeling. After giving the Bus fare, I offered a small tip to the Hero Conductor, which he calmly refused quoting,"Ye to hamara farz tha"...I thought perhaps...the tip was too less...He(the Hero) also told me that he did give me a miss call after searching though my diary and that turned out to be the same miss call which I ignored in the morning. I did not realized it instantly as I said..."I don't think I got a miss call". My friend replied,"Perhaps he gave a miss call to your Girlfriend"...I thought, that might be true for a second.....then I realised...How come I have a girlfriend and I don't know? :D :D......While we were getting out of the bus...I managed to give him a better deal and forced him to keep that. He smiled back...

While we were there in the next bus(1B) back to Garia stn. I got the idea of opening up a new blog and sharing up the experience with you all and here I go. I thought it would be a perfect story with a perfect ending.

 Well almost......
When I and BND got inside the auto-rickshaw, I checked in my bag and found that I thing was missing and that was the Rs.85 Pierre Cardin Pen...I thought a bit then realized

"Ja hoy Bhalor jonno hoy"
or (in Hindi)
"Jo hota hai Acche ke liye hota hai" (my dad say it often)

Perhaps, it was not the conductor, it might have been my fault as I might have dropped the historical pen somewhere. Nevertheless, What I learned could be trapped inside these small few lines...

"If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be."




Debraj Banerjee
For popularizing my blog (thanks to my very good few friends)
http://sam80dev3.blogspot.com
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
  My Blog on Indian Football 



Share on Google Plus

About Debraj Banerjee

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment